Monday, May 12, 2008

Flyers grind it out at MTB XC O-Cup #2

Hi Flyers,
pary bell here, a new racer on the team with an update to this past weekend’s O-Cup #2 at Albion Hills.

We had 2 Dark Horse Flyers out working our butts off and doing our best for the espresso! The course was fast, with a ton of climbing. There seemed to be a large quantity of double track (I even saw someone give it a try with a cross bike!!) which seemed to favour a very fit rider.

I was racing in the Master Sport 35-39 men category where I came in 23rd with a time for my 3 laps of 1:53:11.10 on the 30km course. Not great, but getting better.

Edgars Apse, on the other hand, did really well racing in the Master Expert 30-39 men category. He finished in 18th place with a time for his 4 laps of 2:07:49.91 on the 40km course.


Here is a photo of me grinning through the pain in my great Dark Horse Flyers jersey near the end of Lap #2.




Up next for me is the Mansfield 8 hr on May 24 followed up with the O-Cup#3/Canada Cup at Hardwood Hills on June 1.

-pary

No comments: