Friday, November 16, 2007

Track Part 1

On Saturday November 17, 2007 I will be heading down to the Forest City Velodrome to partake in the Track 1 class. This is the first of 2 pre-requisite classes to be eligible for track racing at the velodrome in London Ontario.

The velodrome is housed in what was once the "Ice House", or the "London Gardens", the previous home ice of the London Nights and the site of many jubilant outings to watch hockey when my family lived in London Ontario. I even had the opportunityu to play on that surface as part of a AA team in London.

I returned there last winter to watch the 5th day of 6 Day Racing and have been thinking about getting on the track ever since. My goal for the day is not to crash, and if I do, to get up and ride again.

More on Sunday...

Wikipedia info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six-day_racing

No comments: