Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Mud Cup

The O-Cup series was in Gravenhurst this past weekend at the Buckwallow Cycling Centre. Thanks to this summer's generous amount of rain (especially lately) the trails were pretty much turned completely into mud.

Image of Emily Batty posted by "BlackCanoeDog" on www.mtbr.com


I was once again riding in the Master (35−39) Sport Male category and was very happy with my top 10 finish. I ended up finishing in 9th place (same time as the 8th place finish, but he nudged me out at the line in a photo finish!) which was my best result so far this season. My time was 1:32:54.10 for the 23 km race.

Edgars Apse was also racing but i am not sure what happened as he is listed as a DNF.

Coming up next for me will be the Mountainview 9hour race in Midland (i am going to try going solo) this coming Saturday and then will be hitting the Provincial Championships in early September.

-pary

No comments: